What is cannabutter? Cannabutter is the combination of butter and cannabis that has had its THC activated. The butter can be used in a number of edibles or even for your morning toast.
The process for a quick marijuana butter recipe is below:
- Preheat your oven to around 240 degrees and put your marijuana buds on an oven safe tray. Use a tin foil to make sure it does not stick.
- Bake for around 30 minutes. Older marijuana will take less time though so keep this in mind.
- Grind the marijuana baked marijuana.
- Put 1 cup butter and 1 cup of water into a pot and melt.
- Add the marijuana and stir consistently. Keep the pan on the stove at a simmer around medium heat. Allow this to simmer for around 3 hours.
- Strain the butter using a cloth or other material that will remove the cannabis flower from the butter.
- Place in the refrigerator until it becomes solid.
Butter Using Instant Pots
Instant pot cannabutter comes from products specifically created to make cannabutter. These are reasonably priced but are not an investment you want to make if you only make edibles a few times per year. Below are the steps to take when making marijuana butter with a slow cooker:
- Use the oven to dry the weed out as mentioned in the first step above.
- Grind up your marijuana finely using whatever method or grinder you have.
- Set the slow cooker to low but make sure it does not go above 200 degrees as this can burn cannabinoids. Adding a touch of water can help if you feel the slow cooker is a bit too hot.
- Add the butter and cannabis then stir periodically.
- Strain the cannabis out of the butter.
- Allow the butter to cool for around 3 hours in the crockpot.
Once you have perfected your cannabutter recipe, you can use it in any number of baked goods or with certain foods. Even doing something as simple as using it as butter on garlic bread can allow you to get a great buzz in a delicious fashion.
Check out our products here.
Here is the link to the full article